Happy New Year!


Happy New Year Everyone!

We have started our spring semester with full force and now January is almost over! This semester we are taking neuropharmacology, environmental signaling, endocrine pharmacology, and cellular control mechanism on top of medical pharmacology and advances. We have learned a lot of interesting topics so far. We have just finished our endocine/reproductive block that included topics on hypo/hyperthyroidism, diabetes, insulin resistance, and contraceptives. Now we have moved on to our neuro block in which we are learning about opioids, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, anti-seizure meds, and anesthetics. Other than class, I have just been studying for my MCAT whenever I can. I am learning how to balance studying for class, MCAT, and our board exam coming up so my hands are pretty full right now.  I am excited because we are now going into February which means Mardi Gras season is here! This will be my first time experiencing Mardi Gras so I am pretty excited to see all the cool parades and feel the NOLA spirit!

Unfortunately, I have not completed any volunteer hours this month. Although I just signed up to be a judge at the science and engineering junior fair for the month of February. Me and a few other of my pharm friends will be judging in the medicine and health division. I have also signed up to be a medical volunteer at the rock n roll marathon in the main medical tent which should be fun! I also intend to continue volunteering at the Goldrings Center as well so stay tuned!


January Hours: 0
Semester Hours: 0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Big Easy

March Madness